Arts Council Direct Purchase
by Laura Theriot
Submission Deadline: February 22
The Arts Council New Orleans presents its first 2016 Artist Direct Purchase! This year, the Arts Council will host quarterly Direct Purchases in conjunction with its Art + Place forum series. Art + Place explores the intersection of art and public spaces in New Orleans and communities around the world.
Through the Percent For Art Program, the Arts Council will purchase new 2D artwork to install in municipal buildings throughout Orleans Parish per the following guidelines:
1. Artists must be New Orleans residents, or regularly show in New Orleans through institutional exhibitions, gallery representation, or a monthly Arts Market.
2. Artists may submit one (1) work for consideration. Member artists may submit up to two (2) works.
3. Accepted media include paint, photography, fine art illustration, mixed-media, and printmaking. All artwork must be framed and ready to hang.
4. Art work will be purchased at the $500, $750, $1000, $1250, and $1500 price points.
5. Artwork should have been created within 5 years.
6. Obscene or vulgar works will be disqualified.
7. A maximum of 100 slots will be available.
After an initial review, artists will be asked to bring the physical artwork to the Art + Place forum, where it will be exhibited and juried. No substitutions will be accepted.
Submissions related to the quarterly forum theme are encouraged, but not mandatory.
Art + Place: Race & Place will explore the role of race in shaping communities by discussing the influence of race, civil rights, and social justice on art, design, and culture.
PLEASE SUBMIT WORKS HERE: http://goo.gl/forms/