Call to Artists: Arts Council Direct Purchase of 2-D Artwork
by Gene Meneray
Submission Deadline November 3rd.
The Arts Council of New Orleans, through its Percent For Art Program, is acquiring new 2-D art to hang in City-owned buildings. This Direct Purchase is initially targeted to acquire art for Community Centers and Libraries, but once a piece enters the collection, it may move to other government facilities over time. The Arts Council will purchase $50,000 of artwork via this call.
- Artists must either be residents of New Orleans or regularly show in New Orleans, either via gallery representation or a monthly Arts Market
- Each artist can submit one, and only one, work for consideration
- All art must be framed/ready to hang. Categories include painting, photography, mixed media, and printmaking
- The maximum price for each piece is $5,000
- Artwork should have been created since 2010
- There will be two rounds of jurying. If your artwork is selected to move to the second round, you will have to bring the physical artwork to the Arts Council’s offices on Gravier St. No substitutions will be accepted
- If your artwork was purchased by the Arts Council as part of the 2013 Direct Purchase, you are not eligible to apply to this Direct Purchase