The Green Project
The Green Project is governed by a 15-member board. Each board member serves for two years and is elected by The Green Project membership at our annual membership meeting each June.
We hire only the best of the best. The Green Project employs over 15 full- and part-time STAFF. We are always looking for more. If you would like to work at The Green Project, stop by to fill out an application or send your resume to .
Because our inventory changes daily and depends on donations, we can’t accurately show every item online. Please visit the store to see what we have in stock today!
The Green Project Warehouse is a nonprofit building material recycling center selling quality used materials at affordable prices. Looking for a 36”x79” exterior panel door? Do you need 17 gallons of blue paint? Can’t find a sea foam green toilet to match your tub? Chances are you will find what you are looking for, and a whole lot more, at our warehouse store.
Everyone is welcome to shop at The Green Project. Prices depend on condition, quantity, and quality and are generally 50-90% below market price. We carry a wide range of both modern and vintage building materials and staff is on-hand to help you find what you need.
Whether you buy or donate materials at The Green Project, you can feel good about supporting your local community while benefiting the environment as well.
The Green Project Shopping Tips
• All transactions are final.
• Returns must be accompanied by a receipt and will be given store credit only.
• Materials are purchased “as–is” with no warrantees or guarantees, stated or implied.
• Bring help for loading, tools for measuring and measurements of what you need.
• Before leaving with materials, be sure of color, size, dimension, and quality.
• The Green Project takes no responsibility in handling materials. If you are in need of assistance, you take full responsibility for damages, injuries or mishaps that occur.
• All materials sold must be picked up within two days, or the item will be resold and you will be given store credit for the original purchase.
• We accept cash, personal check, MasterCard, Visa, Discover, American Express or ATM Debit Card.
• No materials may be taken out of the warehouse without a visible receipt. Shoplifters will be yelled at and prosecuted.
• Shirts and shoes are required while on The Green Project property.
• Pets are not allowed in the warehouse.
• Children are lovely, but they are discouraged from entering the warehouse or the lumberyard. If you do bring children, you take full responsibility for their safety and protection of our products. You must supervise them at all times.
• Only staff are allowed to use The Green Project equipment.
• No smoking in the warehouse.
The Green Project
2831 Marais St.
New Orleans, LA 70117
phone: (504) 945-0240
9am - 5pm