President and CEO | McColl Center for Art + Innovation (Charlotte, North Carolina)
Posted on: July 12, 2017
Deadline: August 10, 2017
McColl Center for Art + Innovation, established in 1997 and opened to the public since 1999, is a progressive organization dedicated to promoting art locally and supporting artists regionally, nationally, and internationally. Its mission is to empower artists, advance communities, and impact lives through the creative process by providing a place for research and development as professionals. McColl Center, regarded as one of the top residency programs in the US, has core values that include the firm belief in the need to raise the perception of the value of artists in society, the importance of exposing the public to the creative process, broadening their understanding of contemporary art practices, and facilitating their ability to apply a more creative approach to their personal and professional lives.
Since opening, the Center has hosted 400+ Artists-in-Residence (40% from North + South Carolina, 15% international). The Center facilitates engagement projects between artists and the community, public programs, discussions, artist talks, workshops, open studios, performance series, and special events. Annually the Center engages with approximately 20,000 people in the Charlotte region. Most recently McColl Center was awarded its second ArtPlace America grant. It is one of only two organizations in the US that have received two ArtPlace awards. In 2005, McColl Center launched the Innovation Institute, a personal and professional development program for executives to bring more creativity and innovation into their lives and professional work. The Innovation Institute has worked with over 60 companies around the US and engaged over 4,000 people globally in its custom and open enrollment programs.
For additional information, visit the website at www.mccollcenter.org.
REPORTS/RELATIONSHIPS: Reporting to the Board of Directors, the President/CEO leads a team of 20 and has full responsibility for all facets of the organization and its mission, including fundraising, operations, and Board and stakeholder engagement.
- A vision-oriented, long-term strategic thinker and leader; ability to build, communicate with inspiration, mobilize the Board, staff, volunteers, and stakeholders to transform vision into action.
- Proven track record of identifying, cultivating and increasing diverse funding streams; understands fundraising principles; comfortable and effective in donor cultivation; promotes visibility and credibility of McColl Center in the community. Ability to build partnerships in new markets, establish relationships with the funders, political and
POSITION DESCRIPTION: President & CEO 2 community leaders in each area of expansion as well as internally with staff, committees, volunteers, and Board.
- At least 10 years of senior management experience; track record of effectively leading a regionally or nationally focused organization and staff.
- Successful track record as a highly-organized change agent who is adept at leading human resources, budgeting, financial planning, and operations within an organization.
- Prior experience improving and modernizing business tools, processes, and procedures; ability to ensure effective systems to track progress, and regularly evaluate program; capable of designing an innovative business model and practices that will enhance the entrepreneurial approach to nonprofit model.
- Solid business acumen; fiscal compliance and planning, and financial reporting knowledge.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal and project skills
- Undergraduate degree required; advanced degree a plus.
COMPENSATION: Compensation will be commensurate with experience and will include a competitive base salary, benefits, and relocation assistance. For additional information or to submit a resume, contact: Coleman Lew + Associates, Inc. 326 West 10th Street Charlotte, NC 28202 Shirley Lamm, Consultant firstname.lastname@example.org
More info: www.mccollcenter.orgShare: