Arts New Orleans is the largest producer of public art in New Orleans. In a city renowned for its creativity in performing and culinary arts, public visual art enhances our rich cultural landscape for the enjoyment of locals and visitors alike. A unique cityscape enlivened by exceptional public art is one more reason New Orleans is among the most distinctive and beautiful cities in the world. Just look all around you—there is truly no place on earth quite like here.
We work with private clients to commission permanent works of art, including murals and sculptures; to curate art collections that are representative of the client’s vision; and to animate spaces through stunning ephemeral light installations. We manage every aspect of the public art process from A to Z, including:
- Meeting with clients to articulate their goals for the project
- Writing and distributing Calls to Artists
- Conducting outreach by leveraging our vast network of artists
- Receiving applications via our Submittable platform
- Facilitating artist selection, including organizing the jury process
- Contracting with and managing artists
- Overseeing the design, engineering review, fabrication and installation of the artwork
Our decades of experience in public art ensure that the commissioned artwork not only meets professional best practices but is also truly reflective of our clients’ goals. Simply put, we are the expert means by which our clients are assured to represent New Orleans—and themselves—at their very best. Our impressive portfolio of satisfied clients—including the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center, Four Seasons Hotel & Private Residences, Dove (Unilever), and Aloft Hotels (Marriott International)—speaks for itself.
Interested in hiring Arts New Orleans for your next public art project? Or perhaps you’d be interested in hiring YAM for your custom public art project?
Contact our Deputy Director, Dr. Sarah Woodward, at email@example.com.